Monday, July 1, 2013

Ahhhhh Cinque Terre...

It was absolutely gorgeous. If I hadn't of already booked my rooms for Venice I would've stayed another night.

Beaches were unbelievably beautiful, the people were fantastic... it was a breath of fresh air for sure.

I had the BEST sandwhich yesterday, from a lovely guy named Mario, who was trying to convince me to stay at his place and he'd cook me dinner (after the sandwhich with fresh pesto, prosciutto, and ciabatta I was tempted to take him up on it) but I gotta say, that pesto was the best I've ever had. I went back and bought more and had it for breakfast this morning.

I gotta say I'm digging Italy for all the kindness and free stuff I've been getting. I guess Italy is a good place for girls in that sense. I paid .39€ for that sandwhich yesterday after batting away a few solid minutes compliments and advances. Which the break is good, because Italy's been the most expensive country I've traveled to.

So as far as Levanto went, yesterday I woke up hiked down to Montorosso, which took about 2 hours, then I wandered through all the towns along the Italian Riviera, taking the train from one place to the next. I Meredith uno walking for like 12 hours, and came home, showered and went on the beach... where the sunlight decided to be obscured by clouds for the first time all day. Also gad the vest pizza of the entire trip, as well as some more wine.... and then went home and passed out.

I have to say, Italy is winning in terms of purchases. I finally got my shoes- nice comfortable Italian sandals with actual support. They feel amazing. Also got my new purse- which was the one thing I really wanted from Europe, as well as a few other things I'd rather wait to share in person. Mind you, Italy was horrible for my budget, but lovely on the eyes and great for personal souvenirs.

Currently on my way to Venice, where I'll spend the next two nights before starting my Innsbruck program. It's crazy how fast trip trip has flown by, I can't believe it's going to be ending so soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment